[tlhIngan Hol] [The Little Prince] Is {DI'raq} "sheep" new canon?

Daniel Dadap daniel at dadap.net
Fri Aug 31 23:02:30 PDT 2018

> On Aug 31, 2018, at 09:29, Lieven L. Litaer <levinius at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> PS: here's the link to the video, including Klingon subtitles:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9NSj6jXOwE

majQa'! pup puqlI' QIch!

I take it from the line “DI'raq motlh 'oHbe'. DI'raq loD 'oH.” that a DI'raq, like a Terran sheep, is typically expected to be a female? By analogy, would DI'raq be' be a ewe?

The video starts with “jav ben” but I don’t see this reflected in the English subtitles. Not being overly familiar with the source material, did perhaps the original French version specify that the plane crash occurred six years ago, where the standard English translation does not?

Any plans to release an edition with an English back-translation rather than a German one?