[tlhIngan Hol] [The Little Prince] Is {DI'raq} "sheep" new canon?

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Fri Aug 31 07:19:52 PDT 2018

Am 31.08.2018 um 15:41 schrieb Michael Kúnin:
 > Lieven, could you comment on the status of {DI'raq}? Is there anything
 > you could reveal before the book is published?

Hi Michael,

thanks for asking. Indeed, just as in all other translation works, any
/sentences/ from {ta'puq mach} are non-canon.

There are a handful of new words in the translation of The Little
Prince, and actually, several of those have been released during
previous qep'a'mey, without anyone knowing they had been requested for
this project (such as Do'ol, tlhay'moH, tlhom chum and some others).

This one word DI'raq has leaked throught the usage in my video for the
book, where my daughter play the prince (and btw speak it quite well). I
still get goosebumps when I see her speak that phrase. :-)

I will send those words in a separate message.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"