[tlhIngan Hol] spaces in nouns

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 22:51:49 PDT 2018

On Thu, 30 Aug 2018 at 16:33, Felix Malmenbeck <felixm at kth.se> wrote:

> > I do remember though that in some of his messages, he explicetely stated
> > when a word needs a space or not. I'd like to collect those, so I
> > wondered if anyone else has ever asked and received an answer for a word
> > needing a space?

> from qepHom'a' 2016 (first used in the Smithsonian thing).
>
> "As a spelling convention, {wab Do} "speed of sound" is written as two
> words. When used as a measurement term ("Mach"), it's written as one
> word (wabDo). The pronunciation (and, for that matter, meaning) is the
> same."

Is {bIQDep} (covers most animals in the sea, but not small animals) a
different thing than a {bIQ Dep} (any water creature)?

Is {bIQSIp} (hydrogen) a different thing than {bIQ SIp} (water gas)?

There are a number of words which appear to be compound words in the
vocabulary (written without space), with meanings which are not quite what
they would mean written as two separate words.

--
De'vID