[tlhIngan Hol] spaces in nouns

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Thu Aug 30 07:52:26 PDT 2018

Am 30.08.2018 um 16:19 schrieb Christopher Kidder-Mostrom:
> Byneeding a space, are you suggesting slamming multiple words together
> to make one single word, as one does Aug Deutsch?

Yes, autocorrect sucks sometimes ;-)

Indeed. Sorry for not being clear. What I meant is talking about
compound nouns, and the difference between CN and
noun-noun-constructions. Grammatically, there is not much difference,
but there is. When "speaking" a language, you don't hear that difference
anyway, but sometimes people insist on the difference, and sometimes
Okrand even confirms the difference, althoigh he says it's not so
important.

May question came from a recent discussion on Facebook. Someone quoted
form DeCandido's book which used a word *qo'Sor* which had been
corrected by Okrand to {qo'_Sor}, i.e. with a space.

So I'd like to find existing examples which "may" give a litle light
into this, but without making any rules of it.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"