[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ghIS

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Thu Apr 26 22:48:18 PDT 2018

Am 26.04.2018 um 22:20 schrieb SuStel:
> We don't know of any difference. I'd say the difference between /squirm/
> and /writhe/ is that the latter suggests tension while the former does
> not. But there's no telling whether the Klingon words have the same
> difference.

I have a slight idea, because I always try to translate the words into
German. Unfortunately it always leaves some room or interpretation, so
it's not definitleycorrect.

I thought that {nogh} "writhe" means somehow to bend, like when you have
pain.

The word {ghIS} seems to me a lot more faster and regular movement,
because the example of gagh was given. Also because it was given next to
words with the meaning of tremble and shake.

The gagh on the table is {ghIS}-ing, and when you hit your fork into it,
it will {nogh}.

But that's just an interpretation with no evidence.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"