[tlhIngan Hol] 'e', net, -Daq speculation

demonchaux.aurelie demonchaux.aurelie at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 12:12:49 PDT 2018

Savan, tlhIngan Hol jatlhwI'pu'!
I have been wondering for a couple of days now whether the sentence pronouns {'e'} and {net} might take the noun suffix {-Daq} to refer to the location where the previous sentence took place.

From the TKD, as far as I can tell nothing explicitly prohibits adding any suffix to these pronouns - only their usage in sentence-as-object constructions is described, but if you consider that the TKD only gives a grammatical outline of Klingon, well then maybe other kinds of usage also exist.

Imagine if we could write:

(?) {paq laD HoD, 'e'Daq jIba'} = I sit where the captain read the book

(?) {Hegh Subvam netDaq jaHQo'} = the place where this hero died is avoided like the plague

What do you think? Does it seem to make sense to you the same way it does for me?

ghItlhjaj

Envoyé depuis mon smartphone Samsung Galaxy.