[tlhIngan Hol] {boQwI'} for iOS

Daniel Dadap daniel at dadap.net
Fri Apr 6 19:46:30 PDT 2018

Hi all,

Just wanted to put out an update about this. As I mentioned in a different message, the iOS port of {boQwI’} was rejected in the App Store review process, with the review feedback being that it didn’t offer any functionality beyond what is possible in a mobile website. While this is technically true, it’s also true of many other apps that are already available on the App Store, so I’m not sure why this review criterion doesn’t seem to be consistently applied. I appealed the rejection, but Apple has held firm in their decision. I’m working on enhancing the app with additional functionality that will hopefully help it clear that hurdle, but it’ll likely take a while.

In the meantime, the port of {De’vID}’s Klingon TTS software is now available on the App Store. I plan to use it to provide the TTS functionality for {boQwI’}, but until then, it might be useful for general TTS. As mentioned in a message I sent to the list earlier, this app is called {HIja’}:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hija/id1366951358