[tlhIngan Hol] 'e', net, -Daq speculation

Aurélie Demonchaux demonchaux.aurelie at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 01:46:22 PDT 2018

Maybe I'm being influenced by English here.

In English, demonstrative words typically begin with "th-": this, that,
those, the... every time, the "th-" signifies that a reference is made to
something already known.

To refer to an already known place in English, you sort of "merge" "th(at)"
+ "(wh)ere" and get "there"

Since in Klingon, {'e'} and {net} also mean a reference to an already-known
element (in standard usage, the preceding sentence), and {-Daq} refers to a
location (sort of like "where"), putting them together might amount to
merging "that + where" as in English, thus getting: (?){'e'Daq} /
(?){netDaq} = thereat / there where (the action took place).

I still think it would be a neat way to solve the problem of complex
relative clauses in the case of locatives.

But really, maybe it would be best to just ask Maltz, though from what I've
seen the chabal tetlh for the next qep'a' is already huge.

ghItlhjaj