[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: pargh

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Apr 9 06:47:56 PDT 2018

Klingon word: pargh
Part of speech: verb
Definition: be synthetic, artificial
Source: qepHom 2017

AFAIK it's only been used in the (non-canon) Discovery episode "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum":

  DaHjaj Soj pargh wISopnISbe'ba', Sogh.
  There will be no synthetic protein rations tonight, Lieutenant. (DSC)

>From the same episode we have {but} "be natural" (also confirmed at qepHom 2017):

  Dat butbogh Dochmey, yInbogh qa' je jemlaH vay'.
  Everywhere you go, you can feel the symbiosis between nature and the living spirit.

SEE ALSO:
ghet 		pretend (v)
lIl 		simulate, impersonate (v) (qepHom 2016)
ngeb 		be counterfeit, false, fake (v)
   HIq ngeb 	   fake ale
   mIl'oD ngeb 	   teddy bear (TNK)

--