[tlhIngan Hol] Spoils of war

qurgh lungqIj qurgh at wizage.net
Thu Sep 14 09:20:51 PDT 2017

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 12:02 PM, nIqolay Q <niqolay0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 11:53 AM, qurgh lungqIj <qurgh at wizage.net> wrote:
>
>> Based on Star Trek canon that we have seen so far, they generally don't.
>> I'm not making anything up, simply relaying what we know based on what's
>> been shown that may help explain why "spoils of war" may not be a concept
>> that Klingons focus on enough to have a specific word for.
>

> To be fair, the fact that some given behavior is considered rare or
> immoral doesn't mean there's no word for it. After all, English has a word
> for cannibalism.

That's true, and they may have a word for it. My intention was not to
suggest there wasn't, but a reason to why there may not be. If you're
always invading places you aren't focused on taking resources back to the
home world in the way the Greeks took stuff back home from Troy. It's just
a different mindset.

To me it's fun to hypothesis about the language based on our current Trek
canon as I'm much more into Klingon stuff as a whole and not just the
language by itself. :)

qurgh