[tlhIngan Hol] yIntagh

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 06:09:17 PDT 2017

On 9 September 2017 at 14:45, SuStel <sustel at trimboli.name> wrote:
> I see two possibilities. Either the writers just made something up from
> scratch, which just happened to be identical to the word for life-support
> system, or they opened The Klingon Dictionary, couldn't find the word they
> were looking for, and picked one at random or one which they thought sounded
> good. I see no reason to believe the writers ever had any actual knowledge
> of tlhIngan Hol.

The shooting script
(http://www.st-minutiae.com/resources/scripts/200.txt) contains this
bit of delight:

PICARD
Qaja plu d'itch jung. La woq you
ghir klas qimha. Gowron. Doj
hon. Doj hon.

KTAL
Your Klingon is flawless, Picard.
Not even a trace of a human
accent. The Council thanks you
for your service to the Empire.

I believe that line was cut from the actual episode (and thankfully so).

See also the "pronunciation guide" at the link for some laughs.

Clearly, the writers made stuff up without consulting Okrand or
anybody who actually knows Klingon.

--
De'vID