[tlhIngan Hol] ngIq (WAS: vengDaq, vengmeyDaq je)

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh qunchuy at alcaco.net
Wed Sep 6 10:50:51 PDT 2017

On Sep 6, 2017, at 11:21 AM, Brent Kesler <brent.of.all.people at gmail.com> wrote:

> Why does {ngIq tonSaw' lo'} mean "In a single move" instead of "With each move"?

It doesn't "mean" that. It can be *translated* that way in the passage because of the context given along with it. Only one action is being described. To say "each of that one action, taken one at a time" would be extremely strange in English.

It is apparent to me that {ngIq Doch}, when {Doch} is a single thing, emphasizes the singularity of that thing.

-- ghunchu'wI'