[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: mI'rab

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 07:44:15 PDT 2017

"Mihrab" is the name for a niche in the wall of a mosque that indicates the
direction to Mecca, but that idea doesn't seem to inherently or obviously
have anything to do with spirals. There's no star named "Mirab" or anything
similar.

There's a more direct Star Trek connection that seems promising. In the
language of the Tamarians, "Mirab, with sails unfurled" is used as a
command to depart or to set engines to full power. I'm still not sure how
that relates to spirals, though. Shaka, when the walls fell.