[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: vung

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Fri Sep 29 12:36:44 PDT 2017

On 9/29/2017 3:20 PM, nIqolay Q wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 3:07 PM, SuStel <sustel at trimboli.name
> <mailto:sustel at trimboli.name>> wrote:
>
>     Yep, it would be convenient. But they're verbs, and that's how the
>     language works. Find a way around it.
>
> A phrase like *vungbogh SuS'a'* or *vungbogh muD* /is/ a way around it.

Very good! So does *vungbogh muD* refer to only that section of the
atmosphere that is hurricaning? When one says *SIS muD,* one is not
talking about the part of the atmosphere that is raining as a thing
discrete from the rest. Does only a *SuS'a'* do *vung,* or can an
ordinary *SuS* vung as well? Can the *SuS* do *SIS*?

Just to remind us all...

> It rained a few times during the weekend, so we were put into the
> situation to discuss it.SISSISqu'SIStaHSISchoHAll correct. SISlu',
> altho grammaticlly correct, he didn't particularly like.  Someone
> COULD use it but to me it sounds like they skipped science class and
> don't know what the subject is.  You can also give it an object and
> say things like the clouds rained down cats and dogs. ...or something
> like that; you get the idea.  But when Marc and I went outside and
> drops of water were falling on us, he looked up and simply said "SIS".
Do you think we can say *SuS vung muD*? We can say *pey SIS */it rained
acid/*,* as per the above.**And if we can, can we also still say *vung SuS*?