[tlhIngan Hol] Hech

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 10:43:02 PDT 2017

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 1:32 PM, SuStel <sustel at trimboli.name> wrote:

> A clipped form of something long that just *happens* to exactly resemble
> something shorter that is the Englishy way you want to say it anyway is
> just a *little* too convenient for my tastes.

You have a good point about being too Englishy, and it's good to keep in
mind. But on the other hand, it's not like English is the only language
that shortens things, and using *Hech *with a noun object that represents
some sort of intended outcome doesn't seem to me to stretch the basic idea
of the verb so much that a Klingon would only consider it after too much
exposure to *DIvI' Hol*.