[tlhIngan Hol] Marc Okrand talking about DSC (spoilerfree)

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Wed Sep 27 17:30:41 PDT 2017

> If your "special occasion" is "anytime I want to use aspect and -jaj,"

> then the rule is completely abandoned. When would you not do it?

That would seem to describe every instance of mu'mey ru': You only use it when you want to use it.

So far, I believe I've only ever used it when talking about refugees, in the sense that I want all who are currently fleeing to have-successfully-fled. I quite like the contrast between -taH and -ta' and find it quite effective. Other times I've used something like {Haw'ta'wI'pu' mojjaj Hoch Haw'taHwI'pu'.}, but that's less punchy to my mind.

So, I suppose I'd use it when I think the desired effect is worth bending the rules, and otherwise not.