[tlhIngan Hol] Is this correct ?

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 09:09:18 PDT 2017

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 11:37 AM, SuStel <sustel at trimboli.name> wrote:

> The sense of distance comes, not from the number of words, but from the
> fact that you've got a sentence-as-object inside a relative clause before
> you ever get to the subject of the original verb. That's a lot of grammar
> to parse mentally before you find out what it is you're even talking about.

That's a fair point. In this particular instance, I didn't think it was
that confusing. The object sentence in the relative clause is only one
word, {ghol}, and I think the short sentences and only one noun make it
easier to comprehend. But I think that's probably close to the upper limit
of complexity worth putting up with (assuming this construction is
grammatical at all, of course).