[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Qej

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Mon Sep 18 07:44:13 PDT 2017

Am 18.09.2017 um 15:17 schrieb Steven Boozer:
> Klingon word: Qej
> Part of speech: verb
> Definition: cherish, value
> Source: Klingon Monopoly (MKE)
>
> Qo'noS romuluS je boSuqlaH. vabDot tera' Qejbogh DIvI' ram boSuqlaH
> Kronos, Romulus and even the puny Federation's precious Earth, are all up for grabs. MKE

As a funny coincidence, I had a chance to talk with Marc Okrand just
Friday, on the day before this KWOTD was posted. We talked about this
specific word because I needed it for a translation I was working on,
and we noted that the definition was never published as such.

Marc Okrand has confirmed that this is correct to say {Qej} in a phrase
like "we value it" and so on, so "cherish, value" is the correct definition.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh