[tlhIngan Hol] Making someone do something to someone/something else

Aurélie Demonchaux demonchaux.aurelie at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 01:47:54 PDT 2017

Thank you both De'vID and SuStel for your replies, and apologies for taking
a while to get back to you.

So as I understand the most correct way in those cases can be summarized as
below:

< Subject 1> causes <Subject 2> to <verb> <direct object>
becomes
< Subject 2>-vaD <direct object> <verb>-moH < Subject 1>

If there is an indirect object as well as a direct object, is there already
an established way to say it?

For example:
The Captain made the prisoner give the knife to the officer

Do we just get 2 nouns with -vaD suffix ?
yaSvaD qama'vaD taj nobmoH HoD

or is it safer to work around the problem as below:
qama’ raDmo’ HoD, yaSvaD taj nob qama’