[tlhIngan Hol] tarDIghaD

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 09:30:51 PDT 2017

The only interesting points of this passage are the following:

> qaStaHvIS poHvam, chImchu'bogh loghDaq > taHlaHtaH tarDIghaD, tera'
Ha'DIbaHHom
> pujHa’qu’.

The {tera' Ha'DIbaHHom} which follows the {taHlaHtaH tarDIghaD} separated
from it by a comma, is rather nice because it serves to explain to the
reader, what this tarDIghaD actually is.

The separation by the comma, of the words which follow it,
recreate/resemble the way someone would change the tone of his voice if he
was actually speaking these words, in order to further define the nature of
the tarDIghaD he is talking about.

> pa' chaw' ngoqvam baghHa’meH ’oH, De'wI'
 > motlh lo'laH.  'ach Do' 'e' ta' neHbe' 'oH.

And here, the interesting part is the {'ach Do'} before the {'e'}.

A long time ago I had written {yadda yadda yadda. 'ach 'e' yadda}.

Then, two experienced members of this list started to debate whether
someone could indeed use a {'ach} before the {'e'}.

If I remember correctly, then, no consensus finally took place.

But this tarDIghaD passage, shows that perhaps we can indeed have a {'ach}
before an {'e'}.

On the other hand, since the exact sentence goes {yadda yadda yadda. 'ach
Do' 'e' yadda}, perhaps someone could argue, that we don't actually have a
{'ach} before the {'e'}, but rather an adverb, in this case {Do'}, which
all agree is something which is definitely permitted. And in this case the
interpretation of the sentence would be {yadda yadda yadda. 'ach (Do' 'e'
yadda)}.

But even if the strictest interpretation of the above debate is assumed to
be correct, and one cannot place a {'ach} right before a {'e'} in a sao,
then according to the tarDighaD passage, one could use it as a workaround
to this obstacle, to write {yadda yadda yadda. 'ach adverb 'e' yadda}.

So, the question is whether the tarDIghaD passage is considered canon.

Alternatively, someone could do whatever the ghe''or he likes, without
losing any sleep over canon, tardigrades, opinions of experts, or little
devils and angels dancing on one's shoulder giving him advice, and trying
to sway him in one or another direction..

qunnoq