[tlhIngan Hol] Two {-'e'}'s in a pronoun sentence.

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Tue Sep 12 08:33:13 PDT 2017

Am 12.09.2017 um 17:15 schrieb De'vID:
>> {nutojta' nepwI''e' chaHbogh verengan'e'}
>> the liars which are the ferengi deceived us

This is mixed up very often. I believe to see that in a To-Be-phrase,
the word order is reversed, so "A is B" is in Klingon {B 'oH A'e'}. I
base thi on TKD: "If the subject is a noun, it follows the third-person
pronoun".

So {nepwI' chaH verengan'e'} is "The Ferengi are liars".

When adding {-bogh}, I get the "ferengi which are liars" and not "liars
which are ferengi".

> How is this different

I see it as follows:

{nutojta' nepwI''e' chaHbogh verengan'e'}
"the Ferengi which are liars (and nothing else) have deceived us"
= there are many ferengi, but only those who are liars (and nothing
else) have deceived us.

{nutojta' verengan chaHbogh nepwI''e'}
"the liars which are ferengi deceived us"
= there are many liars on board the ship, but only those who are Ferengi
have deceived us.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh