[tlhIngan Hol] The grammatical number of NOUN + 'ar

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Fri Sep 8 07:42:50 PDT 2017

> I don't understand. If you don't know how many of something there is,
> how could you know whether it was singular or plural?

Well, in English, we (usually) treat "how many NOUN:s" as grammatically plural:

"How many people have seen it?" (not "How many person has seen it?")
"How many are there?" (not "How many is there?")

Presumably, Klingon has some similar rule,  or at least a rule-of-thumb for how to deal with this uncertainty.