[tlhIngan Hol] DSC Klingon Trailer transcription (NOT offlist)

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 23:50:53 PDT 2017

I don't think it matters that this isn't offlist, since the trailer is
public.

The makers of that video cut off the wrong part of the first sentence. They
apparently intended to cut out the reference to Donatu V, but what they did
was they cut out the *temporally* corresponding part (at the end) of the
sentence rather than the *semantically* corresponding part (at the
beginning). If they had just listened to their cut they'd have realised
that the sentence starts with {Do'natu vagh...} So frustrating, though I
doubt it can be fixed now that it's been released.

Here's the transcript:

We have become complacent in the time since we last battled [the Federation
at Donatu V].
{Do'natu vaghDaq DIvI' wIlulpu' 'a qaStaHvIS poH [veb mayonchoHchu'pu']}

They come to destroy our individuality.
{mapIm ngIq maH 'e' luQaw'meH ghoS chaH}

Great leaders, look to the stars...
{DevwI''a'pu', Hov tIbejchoH...}

Our destiny has arrived.
{pawpu' Sanmaj.}

Fire!
{baH!}

Shall we rise up together and give them the fight they deserve?
{may' luqotlhbogh DInobmeH matay'taHvIS mavangrup'a'?}

Remain Klingon!
{tlhIngan maH! taHjaj!}

Unfortunately my computer can’t play sounds.  Have you transcribed the
Klingon for the rest of that YouTube trailer?  From what’s been posted on
the list so far I have:

"We have become complacent in the time since we last battled."

*mapIm ngIq maH 'e' luQaw'meH ghoS chaH. *

"They come to destroy our individuality."

*DevwI''a'pu', Hov tIbejchoH*

"Great leaders, look to the stars…

*… [---] Sanmaj *(?)

… our destiny has arrived."

*baH!*       [I assume}

"Fire!"    [various battle scenes]

"Shall we rise up together and give them the fight they deserve?"

* tlhIngan maH! taHjaj!*
"Remain Klingon!"

Thanks,

Voragh

*From:* De'vID

Get to practising, then. The line you're listening for is {DevwI''a'pu',
Hov tIbejchoH}, subtitled "Great leaders, look to the stars".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZEQVw3uV9M