[tlhIngan Hol] Marc Okrand talking about DSC (spoilerfree)

kechpaja kechpaja at comcast.net
Thu Sep 28 10:14:47 PDT 2017

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 06:02:18PM +0300, mayqel qunenoS wrote:
> De'vID:
> > Get to practising, then.
>
> I wish I could, but how ? In order to develop listening skills, the
> same goes as in writing. One must start from simple, and work his way
> up, through intermediate, to the more complex.
>
> I don't think such videos, exist. All I can find is either simple
> sentences spoken by lieven, or normal spoken klingon...

It's true that spoken Klingon material can be a bit hard to find, but
that doesn't mean you can't find something that's simpler than a
full-speed conversation. I would recommend that you start by listening
to something (not necessarily the trailer that just came out) for which
you have a transcript, and follow along with the transcript. Go through
it several times, until you can make out all of the words.

 - SapIr