[tlhIngan Hol] Are arabic numerals canon ?

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Wed Sep 27 12:52:52 PDT 2017

Am 27.09.2017 um 21:40 schrieb André Müller:
> According to Memory Alpha, Cardassia Prime is the second planet in the
> system. So I would not translate Prime with {wa'} here. If we don't know
> the number of a Prime planet, perhaps {yuQ'a'} could be a solution?

No, Klingons say {juHqo'}.

I tend to believe that Star Trek authors never thought about this as
much as we do. I agree with the theory of importance. Do you remember
the show/episode when humans found a planet, and called it "Earth Two"?
So sometimes "prime" just refers to the most important planet of a
system, or even an entire civilization, without regarding size,
brightness or position. So if Terrans would ever find a second planet,
their first planet remians "Terra prime".

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"