[tlhIngan Hol] Are arabic numerals canon ?

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 08:25:20 PDT 2017

My guess is that he writes the numerals out (except in Monopoly) for the
same reason people tend to prefer transliterating proper names to Klingon
instead of just leaving them in *DIvI' Hol* -- it looks more Klingon.

This conversation also reminds me of something very silly I thought of a
few years ago. Since numbers and letters have names that sound like other
words and syllables, you could use them for slang Klingon Internet
abbreviations:
*3! HI4!* *"Don't do it yet! Wait for me!"*
*Sa'9vo' ruqpu' 'Iv?* *"Who farted?"*
*gh'2!* *"Dammit!"*
*uawIjDaq pa' 'oHtaH* "It's over there in my bureau."
*vIpbe'** "I don't regret it."*
*95! **"There's too many people here!"*
*ch' j'?! **"What the hell is going on?!"*
*mIv1wIj Daleghpu'''a'? **"Have you seen my scar?"*
(The original spellings R left as an exercise 2 the reader.)

I assume Klingon teenagers did this all the time as soon as text message
technology was invented on Qo'noS.