[tlhIngan Hol] Sao without the {'e'}

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Wed Sep 27 02:37:40 PDT 2017

Am 27.09.2017 um 11:23 schrieb De'vID:> Let me ask you this:> "You know
that I love another woman."> "I love another woman. You know it."> > Are
these English sentences equally correct? It's the same difference.
True, but in Klingon, the word order does not change:

{be' vImaS 'e' DaSov}
{be' vImaS --- DaSov}

I would prefer to use the {'e'} in such conctructions to make sure that
{Sov} refers to the previous sentence. If taken literally, {DaSov} by
itself might refer to something else. Using {'e'} makes the object of
{Sov} clear.

Note that prefix Da- could refer also to the woman, so

{be' vImaS 'e' DaSov}
"You know I prefer the woman"

{be' vImaS. DaSov.}
"I prefer the woman. You know that."