[tlhIngan Hol] Marc Okrand talking about DSC (spoilerfree)

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Sep 26 13:47:25 PDT 2017

That’s how I heard understood it too: tlhIngan maHtaHjaj “Let us continue to be Klingon(s)!”  It was one of the few things I could actually understand.  The trailer posted earlier today ends with the subtitle “Remain Klingon!” which I assume -- because my computer can’t play sound -- accompanies that Klingon line.

For the all-Klingon trailer, go to (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZEQVw3uV9M

--Voragh

From: André Müller

Interesting, thanks for this video!
When I heard the Klingons say their favorite sentence several times in the show, I understood it as: {tlhIngan maHtaHjaj.}, literally 'May we continue to be Klingons.' – you had it as {tlhIngan maH. taHjaj.}, 'We are Klingons. May this continue.'
Both make sense, I prefer my interpretation with one verb. What say you?

visit my channel on YouTube and find an exclusive interview with Marc Okrand talking about Star Trek: Discovery and pronouncing some of the new words which had been revealed at qep'a' 2017.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBgW0YNHSfw

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh