[tlhIngan Hol] Is this correct ?

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 07:47:51 PDT 2017

De'vID, be''etlh, and voragh thank you for replying.

De'vID:
> I can't recall any rule that says you can't have {'e'} as the object of a verb with {-bogh}, but it's ugly.

I agree. The original sentence {jeSlaH ghoj neHbogh nuvpu'} seemed
weird to me too, with my original confusion being whether the {nuvpu'}
could be the subject of the {jeSlaH}, since it was so far away from
it.

be''etlh:
> bIghoj bIneHchugh, bIjeSlaH

Indeed, this is a much better way to convey the intended meaning. Thanks.

voragh:
> You’re both forgetting the rarely-used Type 2 suffix {-qang} “is willing to”

I forgot this too.. Strangely, there are some suffixes which I almost
always forget, however as soon as someone reminds them to me, I
realise how they could solve the problem.

mayqel