[tlhIngan Hol] Expressing Anno Domini

qurgh lungqIj qurgh at wizage.net
Fri Sep 22 10:44:54 PDT 2017

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 1:39 PM, De'vID <de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sep 22, 2017 19:23, "qurgh lungqIj" <qurgh at wizage.net> wrote:
>
> I think this is the same as in English. If I say "It happened in the year
> 300" no one knows if I mean CE or BCE, but they assume I mean CE.
>
> If we had an easy way to talk about negative numbers, then I'd use that
> for BCE.
>

> But BCE years are not negative years. There's no "year zero".

They kind of are though. They increase as you go backwards, just as
negative numbers do. I'm not suggesting this is the best way to do it, just
how I'd probably chose to do it without any guidance from Maltz.

> What's wrong with {*Christ* bov nubwI' DIS wa'} etc?

I'd say it has the same problem that lead to the creation of CE and BCE
over AD and BC in the first place. You have to know who, or what, this
"Christ" is.

qurgh