[tlhIngan Hol] Spoils of war

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 07:53:00 PDT 2017

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 10:35 AM, mayqel qunenoS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:

> It is ridiculous, and that's an understatement, that the mighty "warrior's
> language", doesn't have a word for "spoils".

How do you know it doesn't? Do you have your own Maltz living in your
basement? It's true that there is no word that means "spoils" *that we know
of yet*. All that means is that Marc Okrand hasn't gotten around to asking
Maltz about it. It doesn't necessarily say anything at all about Klingon
culture.

There was no word for "bridge" (as in the kind that goes over a river)
until 2012. Does that mean Klingons didn't discover bridges until then? We
don't yet know the Klingon expression for a "Heisenberg compensator" (an
integral part of transporter technology), yet Klingons manage to transport
themselves all over just fine.