[tlhIngan Hol] Two {-'e'}'s in a pronoun sentence.

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Sep 12 08:14:34 PDT 2017

qunnoq:
>> Lets say we write {b 'oHbogh a'e'}; and we want the b to be the
>> subject of a larger sentence. Could we write {yadda yadda yadda b'e'
>> 'oHbogh a'e'} ? But if we could indeed do something like this,
>> wouldn't there be confusion with regards to which one of the two
>> (a or b) is the subject ?

De'vID:
> Can you give me an example of {b 'oHbogh a'e'} where b is the subject of a larger sentence?

AFAIK there are no examples of {-bogh} attached directly to a pronoun, though there are a few with an intervening {-taH}:

jIHtaHbogh naDev vISovbe'
I'm lost.  (TKD Useful Expressions)

vaj matlhutlhjaj
    ghe'torDaq ghaHtaHbogh vavwI' wIquvmoHjaj
    Heghbogh loDnI'wI' wIquvmoHjaj!
Let us drink then
    To my father in Gre'thor
    And the brother I once had.  (PB)

qeylISvaD jach 'ej beyDaj luqImmo'
    yuQDaq ghaHtaHbogh Hoch tlhIngan'e'
    Qomqa' Hoch Qo'noS nuvpu'
All of Kronos trembled once more,
    For every Klingon on the planet
    Followed her cry for Kahless.  (PB)

lugh luqara' joH qanra'
    le'yo' lutmey Saja'pu'
    DaH naDev jIHtaHbogh meq Saja'
[translation not available]  (PB)

Note that these all refer to location -- though I'm not sure how to translate the last PB example.

--
Voragh