[tlhIngan Hol] STID dialogue

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 07:57:38 PDT 2017

On 28 August 2017 at 15:21, André Müller <esperantist at gmail.com> wrote:
> Remember the Klingon dialogue between Uhura and the Klingon from Star Trek
> Into Darkness? Do you also remember that the final cut was pieced together
> and retranslated and re-subtitled? On YouTube you can still watch the
> original cut (with wrong subtitles though):
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9AFnBkIRwo
>
> The Klingon Wiki has the dialogue and explanations about this scene:
>
> http://www.klingonwiki.net/En/ST12

We already went through most of this when the movie's deleted scenes
first came out.

DevwI' ghaH 'Iv'e'?
mughojmoH parmaqqaywI'.
naDev vIghochpu'.
tlhIngan Dangaghpu''a' SoH?
HIja'. 'ej jIHvo' nIHDI' jIbup.
DaH vengvam pIghDaq So''eghtaH... nuch.
ghaH vISammeH 'ej DochmeywIj vItlhap-
bInep.
vaj HIHoH. batlh jIHeghbej.

The lines are out of order, but the original idea was that the Klingon
wanted to know how Uhura knew Klingon, and she then claimed that her
ex-Klingon lover had taught her, but he stole from her so she tracked
him to Qo'noS.

The entire original uncut sentence {ghaH vISammeH 'ej DochmeywIj
vItlhapqa'meH naDev vIghochpu'} can be heard here at the 20 second
mark, and {mughojmoH parmaqqaywI'} can be heard at the 1:05 mark:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2013/09/06/star-trek-into-darkness-blu-ray-exclusive-clip/2777235/

--
De'vID