[tlhIngan Hol] vengDaq, vengmeyDaq je

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 01:49:41 PDT 2017

The problem with {ngIq} is that its use hasn't been completely clarified.

If I was to translate the original sentence, then perhaps I would write:

Daw'choH wa' veng; ngugh Daw'choH je Hoch latlh veng.
One city begun to revolt; then each additional city begun to revolt too.

or

Daw'choH wa' veng; ngugh wa'DIch Da Hoch latlh veng.
One city begun to revolt; then each additional city behaved as the first.

or

Daw'choH wa' veng; ngugh veng wa'DIch Da Hoch latlh veng.
One city begun to revolt; then each additional city behaved as the first
city.

or

Daw'choH wa' veng; ngugh Daw'choH je wa' latlh veng. 'ej ngugh latlh veng,
'ej ngugh latlh.. tagha' Daw' Hoch vengmey.
One city begun to revolt; then one other city revolted too. And then
another city, and then another.. Finally all cities revolted.

Of the above, my favourite way to describe the original intented sentence,
is the last.

qunnoq