[tlhIngan Hol] Saying I'm not there

Alan Anderson qunchuy at alcaco.net
Sun Oct 8 15:29:46 PDT 2017

On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 11:19 AM, mayqel qunenoS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:

> If we want to say "I am there" we write {pa' jIHtaH}.
>
> But if we want to say "I am not there", what do we write ?
>
> {pa' jIHbe'} or {pa' jIHbe'taH} ?
>
> mayqel q

The Klingon Dictionary's appendix of Useful Klingon Expressions includes
this example:
"I wasn't there." {pa' jIHpu'be'}

If you want to use an aspect suffix, this shows the {-be'} following one.

If you're prepared to base further discussion on what exactly the
distinction in meaning is between {-be'pu'} vs. {-pu'be'} or {-taHbe'} vs.
{-be'taH}, then I think you have hit on the best answer: choose your words
based on what you want them to mean.

-- ghunchu'wI'