[tlhIngan Hol] qepHom grammar questions

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Wed Oct 4 08:51:12 PDT 2017

On 10/4/2017 11:35 AM, nIqolay Q wrote:
> That makes a little more sense, though I'm still not sure why *Duj
> wejDIchwIj* is under consideration either. Asking about something like
> *DujDaq wejDIch* vs. *Duj wejDIchDaq* would at least make some sense,
> since we know type 5 noun suffixes move around like that. But
> possession suffixes don't hop around like that, and *wejDIch* isn't a
> noun.

But *wejDIch* is treated grammatically as if it were a noun. "Numbers
are used as nouns." And our example for this is *qep'a' wejDIchDaq,//*in
which *qep'a' wejDIch* is a proper noun, which might affect the grammar.
So it's not actually completely clear, and it's not at all clear that
type 5 suffixes migrate to the ends of numbers modifying nouns they way
they do verbs modifying nouns.