[tlhIngan Hol] poS and nIH

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Sun Oct 1 06:38:50 PDT 2017

On 10/1/2017 9:34 AM, SuStel wrote:
> On 10/1/2017 9:32 AM, mayqel qunenoS wrote:
>> The source of my confusion, has been the fact that {poS} and {leQ}
>> are locatives, as for instance {bIng}, {Dung} etc.
>>
>> Locatives aren't always to be placed second in a noun-noun construction ?
>
> None of those are locatives. They describe locations, but they are not
> inherently locative as *naDev, pa', vogh,* and *Dat* are. Only those
> four words are known to be inherently locative.

Also, technically speaking, the rule is that you can't put a type 5
suffix on the first noun of the noun-noun construction, not that the
first noun can't be locative. I have no idea whether one of the
inherently locative nouns are allowed to be the first noun, but it
doesn't break any stated rule we have.