[tlhIngan Hol] Placement of adverbial elements

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 11:01:38 PDT 2017

*-Daq* isn't *-'e'*, so there's no reason to suppose it would be correct.

I suppose if you wanted to emphasize the room instead of some other
potential destination ("go quickly to the ROOM!"), you could phrase it like
that, using the similarity to the *-'e'* construction for emphasis. But it
still wouldn't be grammatical. It would be an instance of breaking the
rules intentionally for a rhetorical effect. (In other words, if you said
it in the heat of battle it would probably be understood, but you would
still lose points on your Klingon 101 midterms.)

Since the *-Daq* is optional with verbs of motion like that, you can
sidestep the problem entirely and just use the suffix that we know works
here: *pa''e' nom yIjaH!*