[tlhIngan Hol] qaghwI' vs. qaghwI’

qurgh lungqIj qurgh at wizage.net
Thu Oct 26 13:04:05 PDT 2017

On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 3:49 PM, mayqel qunenoS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:

> For what is worth, before reading this thread I hadn't even realized that
> there are two types of qaghwI'.

There's also a third one. The back-tick `. I've known a number of people
who used that ONLY when writing Klingon.

As a programmer, using one and not the other is important, as they are all
technically different characters to the computer. If someone tries to
search Hol 'ampaS using ` or the curly one that I can't type with my
keyboard layout, then they won't get any valid results. In fact, ` can
actually break stuff as it has special usage when working with some
database systems.

qurgh