[tlhIngan Hol] law' puS construction with law'

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Wed Oct 11 07:48:07 PDT 2017

Am 11.10.2017 um 16:28 schrieb Steven Boozer:
> I think Lieven is thinking of this one:

No, sorry, was not. And I just checked my own notes, so I might have
confused this with something else. HIvqa' veqlargh.

> If mayqel is asking whether {law'} -- or {puS} for that matter -- can be the Q element in a {A Q law' B Q puS} ("A is Q-er than B") phrase, then I see no reason why not.  You would have to listen very carefully, to be sure, but that might appeal to some speakers.

Indeed, why should it not?

If you like to avoid the strange {law' law'}, you might want to consider
the recently disscovered verb {vItlh}. It was used in a phrase in DSC:

{Heghmey DISIQpu'. 'a DIvI' Hegh vItlh law' Heghmaj vItlh puS.}
"We have suffered losses but the Federation has suffered far more."

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"