[tlhIngan Hol] law' puS construction with law'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Oct 11 07:28:03 PDT 2017

-----Begin Original Message-----
From: Lieven
Am 11.10.2017 um 15:49 schrieb mayqel qunenoS:
> {tlhIngan law' law' romuluSngan law' puS} the klingons are more
> numerous than the romulans

Definitely yes. I think there's even a canon example for this.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"

I think Lieven is thinking of this one:

  DujvamDaq tlhIngan nuH tu'lu'bogh pov law' Hoch pov puS 'ej DujvamDaq
    'op SuvwI' tu'lu'bogh po' law' tlhIngan yo' SuvwI' law' po' puS
  It [IKC Pagh] has the best weapons and some of the finest warriors in the
    Klingon fleet.  (S7)

Not quite a match, but close.

If mayqel is asking whether {law'} -- or {puS} for that matter -- can be the Q element in a {A Q law' B Q puS} ("A is Q-er than B") phrase, then I see no reason why not.  You would have to listen very carefully, to be sure, but that might appeal to some speakers.

--
Voragh
aka the "Klingon Cataloger from Chicago"