[tlhIngan Hol] One more day

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 22:19:02 PDT 2017

> latlh?
> And the others? [i.e. "The rest?"]  (ST5)

This is a good example of a question mark next to a noun, (something
which had been discussed here some time ago).

> beyHom bey bey'a' jachtaH latlh tlhInganpu'.  (S31)

Is this an example of nouns in apposition ? Because if it is,
according to what had been discussed here some time ago, then {beyHom}
{bey} {bey'a'} should all be the same (one with the other). But
obviously they aren't.

voragh:
> Why is the number one important?  Since the default meaning of latlh is
> additional one, other one, another one, it seems to me that one can be safely be omitted.

The problem is, that in contrast to what is happening with the {Hoch},
where {Hoch jaj} necessarily means "each day", there is no similar
rule with regards to the {latlh}.

So, if we had {latlh jaj vISIQlaH}, then someone could understand this
to be either "one more day he is able to endure", or "additional days
he is able to endure".

mayqel qun'noS