[tlhIngan Hol] qepHom grammar questions

Lawrence M. Schoen klingonguy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 09:23:42 PDT 2017

On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 11:46 AM, qurgh lungqIj <qurgh at wizage.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 11:41 AM, Lawrence M. Schoen <klingonguy at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>

>> This makes me wonder how you'd respond to adding the suffix after the
>> ordinal?
>>
>> Thus, *my third ship* - *Duj wejDIchwIj*
>>

> You don't posses the "third" though, you posses the ship.
>
> DujwIj wejDIch - Out of the collection of ships that are mine, the third
> one is the topic

You make a compelling argument. And I confess I just popped into the middle
of this thread so I'll yield to your assertion that "the third one is the
topic"

And yet, as has been pointed out, a number (in this case, an ordinal
number) is a noun. So I have to disagree with your point that you "don't
posses [sic] the "third" though, you posses [sic] the ship."

Duj wejDIchwIj - there are many ships, but third one is mine.