[tlhIngan Hol] One more day

André Müller esperantist at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 11:44:46 PDT 2017

> SuStel:
> > If someone were to write *Duj Do'a' Do DoHom vIjuv* for *I *
> *> measure the ship's deceleration*
>
> *I can'understand this; all I read is "I measure the ship's great speed,
> speed, lesser speed"*
>
> *mayqel q*

This is also the only thing I am grasping there. It would not make sense to
me. It sounds either like a mere list, or like a NNN construction meaning
"I measure the lesser speed of the speed of the greater speed of the ship."
Neither of which makes sense. Maybe that ship has only 3 speed modes, slow
pace, middle pace, and full speed, and I could measure what they are (e.g.
half impulse, full impulse, and warp 1).

Interpreting something like "deceleration" into seems like a big stretch.
Like linguistic fan fiction.

- André