[tlhIngan Hol] DSC Klingon Trailer transcription (NOT offlist)

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Oct 5 07:09:43 PDT 2017

I think we’re missing a practical reason here:  The editor seems to be avoiding putting too much English text on the screen to make it easier for the viewer to read the subtitle at a glance.  If you put all of a very long sentence on the screen, you’ll have to use a smaller font to squeeze it all in and still be able to see the action (not to mention appreciate the make-up and special effects).  IOW nice bite-sized chunks of text for the non-Klingonist audience which unfortunately for us don’t correspond well between a SVO and OVS languages as De’vID pointed out.

--Voragh

From: tlhIngan-Hol [mailto:tlhingan-hol-bounces at lists.kli.org] On Behalf Of SuStel