[tlhIngan Hol] DSC Klingon Trailer transcription (NOT offlist)

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh qunchuy at alcaco.net
Wed Oct 4 15:17:39 PDT 2017

On Oct 4, 2017, at 3:32 PM, SuStel <sustel at trimboli.name> wrote:

> If they're allowed at all, there HAVE to be special circumstances, some special explanation that makes them stand apart from the first- and second-person prefixes, and you have no idea what that explanation might be.

*I* have an idea what that explanation might be. It generalizes the prefix trick to explain things like {tuQmoH} and other uses of {-moH} on already transitive verbs. All it says is that when the prefix appears to violate the rule of {rom}, it could be pointing to the "indirect object" beneficiary instead of the (direct) object. Usually the beneficiary is implied by the prefix and the object is explicit, but I also consider cases where the normal object is missing and the grammatical beneficiary can be stated in its place.

-- ghunchu'wI'