[tlhIngan Hol] qepHom grammar questions

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 09:00:56 PDT 2017

On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 4:58 AM, mayqel qunenoS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:

> It is highly unlikely, that a mere mortal -i.e. someone who isn't a friend
> of maltz-, would ask and his question would be answered..
>
> However, since even us -the little people-, are allowed to dream, I would
> like to ask that these questions are eventually clarified at the qepHom to
> come..
>
> 1. the prefix of a verb, which follows {joq}, if both nouns joined by it
> are singular.
> 2. the prefix of a verb, which follows {joq}, if one of the nouns is
> plural.
> 3. the {ngIq}.
> 4. the {vabDot} (although I'm not quite certain, that the clarification
> needed here, is with regards to the grammar, or its meaning).
> 5. {Duj wejwIjDIch} or {DujwIj wejDIch} ?
> 6. Can we have two {qu'} or two {be'} on the same word ?

I have a question of my own I'd like to ask: how far does the prefix trick
stretch? Can it only be used with some verbs or some meanings of *-vaD*? Or
is any use of *-vaD* eligible (provided all the relevant nouns are in the
correct person)? For instance, do these work:
*bangwI', SoHvaD wa'SaD SuvwI' vIHoHqang* -> *bangwI', wa'SaD SuvwI'
qaHoHqang **"My love, I'd kill a thousand warriors for you."*
*jIHvaD DuSaQwIj Deq qawmoH qachvetlh* -> *DuSaQwIj Deq muqawmoH
qachvetlh* *"That
building reminds me of my old school."*
*jIHvaD qab tera'ngan Soj 'Iq* -> *muqab tera'ngan Soj 'Iq* *"Too much
Terran food is bad for me."* (*chaq DaH jIwoghpu'...*)