[tlhIngan Hol] expressing "I just thought"

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 11:32:54 PDT 2017

I remember, a long time ago, I asked how we can express "I just thought.."

At the discussion which followed, the main idea was to say something like
{lup puS ret}.

Although I liked this workaround, I felt there was something missing; like
a food you may like, but you just can't help feeling that there is an
ingredient missing.

Until, just a few minutes ago, perhaps I discovered that missing
ingredient..

..which is the word {neH}.

{lup puS neH ret jIQub..}
only a few minutes ago I thought..

I think this does the trick, and unless a bird of prey decloaks blowing
this workaround out of space, I will add it to my notes and use it like
there's no tomorrow.

~ nIghma'