[tlhIngan Hol] soliciting feedback for {boQwI'}

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 02:23:56 PDT 2017

tlhIngan Hol bopbe' QInvam, 'ach tlhIngan Hol nIqHom bop. bISaHbe'chugh
bIlaD DaH 'e' DamevlaH.

As many people here may know, I have an app for Android called {boQwI'}
which has a lexicon lookup and grammatical analysis tool for Klingon. Due
to interest in the Klingon language because of Star Trek: Discovery, and
also courses taught by Lieven and André where the app has been mentioned,
I've recently received a lot of feedback from beginners on how the app
could be more useful.

It occurred to me that most people don't give feedback, and those who do
may not be representative. So I'm soliciting feedback: if you're a beginner
or intermediate student of Klingon, what would you want in an app? I'll be
releasing a new version around Nov. 16 (during the Saarbrücken qepHom), and
your input will help me prioritise what to add/fix in the next couple of
weeks.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.tlhInganHo
l.android.klingonassistant

Also, I'm still looking for a volunteer to port the app to iOS, which is by
far the most frequent request. It looks like a big project to port the
whole app, but for a first version, it would be sufficient just to treat
the database as a simple dictionary and do a verbatim search (i.e., no
identifying parts of speech, prefixes, suffixes, etc.) For an experienced
iOS dev, I'd think this would take a few days at most.

Please reply offlist, unless you're replying in Klingon.

--
De'vID