[tlhIngan Hol] law' puS construction with law'

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Wed Oct 11 08:56:28 PDT 2017

Am 11.10.2017 um 17:50 schrieb SuStel:
> but here we're not expected to think of this as /many (different)
> electricities./ I don't think *Do law'* would automatically mean /many
> (different) velocities/ just by that logical alone.

I don't have canon examples at hand, but I'm sure that {law'} is not
only "many" but also "much" (bIQ law' - "a lot of water", not "many
waters"). So with noncountable things like {'ul law'} I don't read it as
"many electricities", but "much electricity".

> Now that we have *vItlh,* that's obviously the better choice for things
> like this. But you can't completely rule out using *law'.*

I think one can use this to distinguish between "a lot of speed, very
fast {Do law'} and "a high amount of speed measured in numbers" {Do vItlh}.
--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"